Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hello Weekend. I am glad you are here.


This weekend we are relaxing and enjoying the time off. I am anyway Needles is hopefully on the up and up with a nasty Summer cold. She has been battling it since Monday but it didn't get bad until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last night we watched Pan's Labyrinth. It is a really good movie but had some unexpected twists to it. This fairly tale type movie is NOT a movie for the kids or the faint of heart. The fairy tale imagery is very disturbing and the reality is more of the same set during a war, with all of it's violence and bloodshed. A unconventional ending in a movie with sub-titles and I have to say that this movie was up there with one of the great ones in it's conception and the visual effects were well done.

Today I received the rest of my Star Trek Ornaments. When I tallied up the ornaments prices they were originally sold for $100. My price was $26 with shipping included. I had a couple of ornament on ebay staked out and they were ending this morning. It would have been nice to be able to bid on them but our internets was down all morning. This isn't the first time our internet service has screwed me out of an auction.


I need to get out and mow the lawn but it is very humid and sticky out there and I may hold off until later this evening. Maybe the temperature and humidity will drop a bit. Yeah Right!

Monday we have plans to go down to Needles Mom's for a cook out. I am sure I will eat myself silly, usually do.


Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: