Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mother Nature's Alarm Clock


This morning Needles and I was going to sleep late. I mean get out of bed around noon late and that didn't happen. Last night it was a little stuffy in the bedroom so I opened the window. With the cool air I slept great up until this morning. As you know it is the time of year when birds are getting busy and making baby birds. Apparently a fledgling robin decided to set up shop in the tree in the front yard and squawked to it parents for food. Maybe it is supposed to be this way but any other birds chirping this morning sounded nice and melodic but this chick chirp sounded to me like nails on a chalk board. I tried to stay in bed and ignore it for several minutes hoping the chick would move on but after 20minutes the short shrill chirps started to pierced my brain like a clothes hanger crammed in my ear. I went outside which must have unnerved the bird and it flew off. If I could have gotten my hands on that bird earlier it wouldn't be happy but now that I am up, thanks to mother nature's alarm clock, I guess I will make some coffee.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Let the birdies know that you want them to have a good time twittering and chirping in your ear and then send out the cats.