Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Lucked out yet again.

Last night we had some storms roll though the area. We heard the Tornado sirens and just about the same time the power went out for a few seconds. I went into the back room to see just how bad it was getting outside. I noticed the neighbors flag flapping wildly in different directions. Thats about the time the hail started and last just a minute or two. Rain fell so hard that I couldn't even see the street lights and the wind whipped up and we could hear it roaring until late in the night. We went to bed with the sound of wind and thunder. When I went to work today I heard about the destruction in the surrounding states. I called my parents in the promise land and they have been without phone and power since the storm last night. Tonight is supposed to get cold so they are without heat until the power comes back. They also told me 3 people were killed in a trailor about 4 miles form their house. This was the deadliest storm in 20 years. I feel that we were very lucky.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

I'm glad our families came through unscathed. I'm afraid we're all going to be in for it in times to comes.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Glad to know everyone is safe. We watched as they tracked the storm through your area; you were celebrity material for a bit.