Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day!


Today is Mothers Day and I want to dedicate this post to my Mom, the best Mom in the world. I say this because she was blessed with 2 bouncing baby boys not just one. Some parent get a little overwhelmed with just one child but my mom had both of us and had to deal with us at the same time. I am not saying we were bad kids just a little challenging at times. When we were young my parents didn't make a lot of money so I am sure they had to make sacrifices just to make ends meet. She would rock us to sleep and just about the time we were both asleep one of us would wake up crying and wake the other one up. I think my brother any I got along fine up until about the age of 5 or 6 and then it was all out war. We fought non-stop up until high school where it became less frequent due to social lives and work. I think this put a lot of stress on Mom and I have to give her a lot of credit for not ending up in an insane asylum. Sorry Mom. She knew when to crowd us and when to back off ,even though we thought the times she was crowding us was the time she needed to back off. She knew better. When we were young and at home she was the one that kept up with everything from where our socks were to keeping us with school activities and homework that we didn't want to do. I am not saying that our relationship was smooth sailing all the time, quit the contrary. There was a time when I resented my Mom much like any young adult going through the teenage angst years but I am glad that our relationship was strong enough to survived and become what it has become today, a friendship. I have several friends that don't have a close relationship with their mother and it makes me sad and the thought of not having a loving, caring relationship with your Mother is too hard for me to comprehend. Now my Mother and I are a lot more like best friends than Mother and Son. Now we are adult enough to break down all the barriers that constrained our communications when it was a mother /child conversation. No subject is taboo. As adults we all have frustrations and faults and to be able talk about them, admit our mistakes and faults. Also to forgive each other and the ability to move on is what puts the relationship we have on a level playing field. Some people think their parents never say or do anything wrong but they really need to look a little closer before they make public comments or remarks. I am not saying my Mom is perfect but she is perfect enough for me. Happy Mothers Day Mom. I Love You Very Much.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

I love you too Mom. Great post bubby. Shes close enough to perfect for me also.

Brando said...

I have to put my $.02 in. Nene is great. She is not only a super mom to my Rudy, but a great MIL and a super Grandparent!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Think she'd adopt me?