Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Neighbors Bad Luck.

Yesterday after coming home from an especially crappy day of work, I commenced supper. Shortly there after Needles came home and made mention that she had to pull in the backway as the road in front of the house was blocked by traffic. We are by no means a metropolis so I went to the front porch to see what was up. I saw my neighbor "T" with a garden hose watering his wife's car engine. The police and volunteer firemen were out there. I had to see what was going on so I walked over to see the engine compartment melted and steaming. The nice little plastic cover over the engine that usually read duel over head cam or multiport fuel injection was melted into a black blob and encrusted over the top of the engine. I have to say that "T" was taking it pretty well. The only comment out of his mouth was "darn it the thing was almost paid off!" After that bit of excitement and we finished off some supper we decided to go out to a friends house and visit for awhile. We were loosing light so we made a run for the gooseberry patch and got Needles some nice ones to nibble on for a few days. Today work was horrible. It was non stop from lunch on. I even had to get pulled away form lunch once to take care of something. I hope tomorrow will be better but the way the schedule looks it looks like more of the same.

1 comment:

Brando said...

More bad luck it seems that "N" across the street has had a heart attack and is in the hospital in V-town. Some of his kids are here from outta state. I sure hope he gets better. I really love the old guy.