Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Tradition.

Tonight Needles is at a work related get together so I am home alone. This gave me the prefect opportunity to watch one of my favorite Xmas shows. A Christmas Story. Its is possibly the best Xmas show ever created. I know of no other show that best taps into the psyche of a young boy getting close to Xmas time. It takes me back to simpler times of all you worried about was school grades and what you were getting for Xmas. I have to say I never had to bite the soap but god knows I probably should have a few thousand times. It just goes to show that no matter what kinda catastrophe happens over the holidays that just being together is a gift.

I will leave you with a few memorable quotes from the movie.

1.Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!

2.Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

3.Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! There he stood, between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!

4.Sons of bitches! Bumpuses!

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I love that movie! My favorite part is still their meal at the Chinese restaurant.