Saturday, March 31, 2007

Yesterday and Today.


Yesterday was a busy day at work and I was still able to get out of there at 3pm. After I left I meet Needles at her work so that we could go out to eat as a early B-day dining out. We got to Appleby's just as a torrential rain storm let loose. We sat in the Jeep for several minutes waiting for it to let up. It seemed like the wait was forever. It did eventually let up to a regular rain and we scurried inside. Needles had the Angus burger and I had the Casadilla burger. By the time we had finished the rain had stopped and I dropped Needles at her truck for the separate ride home. We both arrived home within a minute or two of each other. When I got inside I asked if she had seen the wreck on the way home and she said she had. As she described the wreck it didn't sound right so I asked which way she went home. I travel the old road and she travelled the highway. We saw two different wrecks at about the same time on two different roads. I guess the rain must have been very heavy as I heard we got a half inch within 15 minutes or so. I noticed a gravel driveway on my way home that had a gully washed out of it a foot wide and 4 to 5 inches deep that wasn't there before. There was a pile of gravel in the road 6 inches deep and about 3 feet radius. After we settled in at home I decided to try out our new projector. We watched a couple movies on it to see how well it did. We even arranged the furniture a bit for better viewing. Since it was better to have all the lights out in the house, it was almost pitch black other than a little light from the street lights coming through the curtains. I don't know if it was the storm moving through of because of the diminished lighting but the cats were running the kitty 500 through the middle room. They zoomed back and fourths in front of us several times during the movies. I sat some pillows to dissuade them but that just turned it in to hurdles. Today with the day wide open it is hard to decide what to do. There a a few items that have to be done but they are no fun. Actually all of the items are no fun but need to be done non the less. I guess I had better get started. Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: