Thursday, March 01, 2007

Here A Trek, There A Trek, Everywhere A Trek Trek.


I was gone last night and didn't get to watch my TIVOed Star Trek Voyager. I have been watching it over the last couple of weeks. I came in just before the vanishing of Kess and the introduction of miss form fitting uniform and all her curves 7 of 9. I did manage to watch a few episodes that Kess was in and thought that they did seem to base a lot of the plots around her at the time which made me wonder why they got rid of her. Later research suggested that the fans at the time voted her off. I guess she just didn't have what it takes to gain Trek fan loyalty. I have enjoyed the episodes I have watched. I think Capt. Janeway is the weak link in the Voyager cast and this maybe the writers fault. She sometimes plays the roll over the top. Puffing out her chest to show how big and bad she is in awkward moments (Year of Hell when the crew suggests abandoning ship). The cast around her seem to constantly spew lines that make her have to defend the ship, like she is the only one that believes in the ship. It just seems plan awkward at times. Like the lines were thrown in there to make the fan respect her more. Maybe the writers sensed the weakness in her character and needed to put a line or two in there like a cattle prod to jolt the respect right out of you. Some of the show concept seem to be direct knock offs of ST:TNG . Voyagers Random Thoughts seem to be way to close to ST:TNGs Justice. The endings were different where TNG just broke him out and ran where Voyager took a more legal approach but the overall concept was too similar for me. I have enjoyed the Enterprise series and it's light hearted quirkiness at times. They make mistakes and there are some serious moments but overall fun to watch. I think it was more in keeping with Gene Roddenberrys concept of the show. Anyway I don't think I will ever watch Deep Space Nine as I think this was the worst of the Star Trek spin offs. I watched a few of them but could never get into it. I think they may have jumped the shark when Ben Sisko became some all powerful profit entity and just seemed to get a little religious almost like the universe revolved around him. Oh well I guess I have blabbed on about this enough and by now you know that I didn't have much to talk about but I wanted to post something so here it is.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

I appreciate all the series, but of course none of them hold a candle to TNG. Janeway can be a little cheesey, but sometimes she's cool. I hate Neelix. I wish Tuvok would backhand him sometimes. I didn't like DS9 while it was in first run, but I've really learned to like it sense then.

Rudy said...

I thought that Ben Sisko sucked ass and was a weak actor. Janeway is half and half, sometimes a commanding officer and next a whinny little cry baby. And dont get me started on Neelix. I wish while Neelix and Tuvok where merged as Tuvix that the Tuvok side would have beat the shit out of the Neelix side and and when they put them back on the transporter that Neelix ended up as a mass of quivering flesh on the pad. Enterprise is really good and I mean good as T'pol kicks ass. 7 of 9 is awesome. And in Battlestar 6 of 12 is really nice too. Which has lead me to believe all good things come in fractions. But you should also know that 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions. Trek Trek ROCKS!!!!!