Thursday, October 26, 2006

Somewhat disappointing.


We watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre tonight. I think the grainy aged look of the movie made it look somewhat of a home video of some psychotic family but other than that the movie just sucked. Maybe because I watched it on T.V. some of the parts were probably cut, but I saw a lot of potential in the movie and the idea, but was wasted on cheesy props and lots and I mean lots of screaming. By the time the movie was over I wanted to kill the blonde just to make her shut the hell up. I also watched Lost Boys the other night. I have probably watched this cheesy 80's movie about 5 or 6 times. The other night I was treated to one of my favorite scary werewolf movies. An American Werewolf in London. Good plot, good effects and just enough quirkyness to make you think the director is insane. This is by far the best transformation sequence from man to werewolf in any and I mean any movie, pre and post computer age. The one quirky thing that always comes to mind when I think about this movie is when he is writhing and screaming in the floor in pain during is final full moon transformation, the picture cuts to a figurine of Mickey Mouse figurine setting on a table in the living room. If you have any more good and scary movie to watch send them my way. I already want to see the "old" Omen that was suggested already. Have a frightfully scary evening.

No comments: