Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend wrap up.

These last couple of days have been very relaxing. Staying at home and sleeping late. Yesterday we rolled out of bed around 10:30. This morning it was 10:45. The only bad thing about sleeping late is the day goes quicker but sometimes it is worth it. I ventured out this morning to get fixins for tacos. I have been craving a Taco Bell run for awhile but just can't seem to get there so this is the next best thing. Next week my boss is going to be gone to Cleveland for training so we have to fend for ourselves. This usually means that there will be extra work and extra responsibility while she is gone. Not necessarily a bad thing but it seems to wear me out mentally. Next weekend we are venturing down to the promise land to visit the family. I can't wait it has been over a month since we have been down there and it feels like even longer.
Needles and I have been on a movie watching spree of late. We watched Talladega Nights sometime ago and enjoyed its southern white trash off the wall humor. One of the most notable lines was " I'm gonna come at you lika spider monkey!" We were hoping for a bit more out of the show but it was O.K. Another recent purchase was The Covenant. Just think The Craft but with boys. I enjoyed The Craft and was hoping this would fall in line with it. It was again O.K. but fell short in the ending. The special effects and wire works was very well done. The leaps and dives through the air were exaggerated but didn't shout " I'm hooked to a wire and flying around!" Movies that shouted this blatantly was KILL BILL and some other martial arts combat movies. The most recent movie we have watched was Clerks 2. It lived up to the original it is pre West Wing type banter back and forth and some of the antics from the old cast was entertaining even though you were questioning there sanity at times. The only difference in between the two movies is that this one ended in more of a happy ending. If you remember the original movie there was an incident with Dante's girlfriend and a elderly customer that made you cringe. This one has an incident that is all out morally WRONG! It is amazing that something so bad can be oddly entertaining in the end. Over all the movies were entertaining and I guess that is what they set out to do. I would have to say that Clerks 2 was the most entertaining as I laughed out loud several times and got its foul sense of humor.
The sun is out and the temperature is rising to melt the snow away. I think sometime tomorrow it will be mostly gone. The high tomorrow is going to be 52 so goodbye snow. I guess I better get off of here and enjoy what is left of the weekend. Hope everyone has a good day.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

Like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Wire Works? My personal favorite wire work of all time is Antonio Bandaras and Salma Hyeck (?) with the long hand cuffs in Once Upon a Time in Mexico (I think). It involves swinging from fire escapes...