Sunday, April 09, 2006

@#%$&* Spyware!

I got hammered with Spyware last night. I have just been running Nortons Antivirus and neglected to add Spybot to my protection and I paid for it last night and today. I got nailed by the perfected protection.com hompage hijacker. It is a spyware program that takes over your homepage and doesn't allow you to change it. The kick in the teeth is that the wesite that it directs you to sells spyware protection. If I could I would find out where this business is I would go there and burn it down. I hope that Nortons and Spybot gets an update to shut this crappy business down. Apparently it accesss a vulnerability in Widows Media Player to get into your system. In my line of work it would be like walking around bashing people with a baseball bat to drum up busines at my hospital. These people should be strapped down and put electrodes on sensitive parts of their body and hooked up to 220 amps. I just got done reformating my laptop, this with additional drivers, Norton's and updates took about 4 hours. Doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend your weekend. I am so pissed off that I had better say bye for now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Spyware is evil! You can also try Ad-Aware (can download it from download.com) and Microsoft Defender (beta)...both are free. If you want to invest, Spysweeper is a good buy. Its about 20-30 bucks/year, i think. You should run a couple of spyware programs as one might catch something the other missed. good luck!

K_Dense73 said...

Dirty bastards! Take a deep breath. It'll get better. Don't you hate it when people say that? Most of the time I just want to revel in my negativity and assert that nothing will ever be better.