Wednesday, March 19, 2008

44

44 days until vacation. I think the waiting is almost like torture. I am so in need of a break from work, life and everything in between. Here is a list of the things my "work family" and I have been dealing with over the last few weeks.

  1. Family member diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
  2. Family member receives botched spinal surgery with complications.
  3. Death in the family.
  4. Family member fell and broke hip.
  5. Family member loosing blood and diagnosed with tumor in stomach possibly cancerous.
  6. Flu all around in office. Several days of missed work and grumpy co-workers.
  7. To top it all off a family member was murdered in cold blood while holding her 16 month old son and her child laid in his mothers bloody arms all night until they found them the next day.

This has all been within the last 4 or 5 weeks. Enough is enough.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

We should take your whole department on vacay with us.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

My goodness. . . such a pack of bad news. I'm so sorry.