Thursday, March 27, 2008

Trying Day.

Today started out to be a nice day. Things ran smoothly and it seemed like we were all running like a well oiled machine. That is until the afternoon when a office that regularly sends us orders decide to start omitting information that is required and needed to do the testing ordered. This has happened occasionally over the last few months but we went out of our way to correct the omission and continue on like nothing has happened. Today I receive 2 orders that way. The first didn't have a name so I called them to find out the name, wrote it down and go on my happy way. The second order was missing the diagnosis. I again called the office and informed them of their missing information. The person on the line acted like I had just asked her to do her job or some crazy thing like that, so I informed them in a firm but kind way that this is a legal document and that it must have 4 items of information. 1) patients name. 2) exam to be done. 3) proper diagnosis for exam. 4) Doctors signature. Dear sweet baby jebus I just wish that people would do their expletive job. I am tired of picking up after people like they are children and going out of my way to allow someone else to be lazy. I have a co worker that thinks she is special and doesn't have to do the "crap jobs" the rest of us have to do. It's getting old and I think she is in need of a attitude adjustment. We will see what tomorrow brings because you know what they say about pay back.

PS. 36 days until vacation.

No comments: