Thursday, March 06, 2008

Day 5: Tis the season

Yep, Home again but I feel I am on the up swing. My fever has dropped to a comfortable 99.3 again. I think I can almost tell my temperature without the thermometer. Yesterday evening was by far the worst of this. I layed on the couch under 3 blankets all evening with chills and temp spiked last night just before bed at 102. This morning the fever is down to low grade but my body still aches. If my fever goes away today I may try work tomorrow. My boss suggested I go to the doctor but I think it's just got to run its course. I think taking the cold medicine might have delayed my body killing off the flu. Your temperature raises to keep the flu from procreating inside your body. I think the cold meds kept my fever to low grade and allowed it to get a deeper hold on me. I have done some research on the flu and I have all the syptoms and things has progressed like it said it would. I am happy that this hasn't settled into my chest any worse than it has.

How to tell the difference between cold and flu:

.........................................flu..................cold
Was your onset of illness ….....sudden?.................slow?
Does you have a …..................high fever?......no (or mild) fever?
Is your exhaustion level …......severe?..................mild?
Is your head ….......................achy?............headache-free?
Is your appetite …..................decreased?............normal?
Are your muscles …....................achy?....................fine?
Do you have .....….....................chills?.................no chills?

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

Which one does genital blisters indicate?

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Hoping you're on the mend. This is a tough one, eh?