Monday, March 03, 2008

Working sick.

Yes, I know as a health care professional I should know better, but my boss was off today and I knew if I stayed home there would be hell to pay tomorrow. My co workers usually give me flack about taking time off but when I'm sick I am usually really sick. It seems like 3 of the 4 people in our dept. was coughing a sniffling today. Needles and I went to bed last night at 11pm and I fell right to sleep only to wake up at 2:30am and lay in bed wide away the rest of the night doing the same routine. Covers on, get hot, remove covers, get chilled, repeat. All night long. I got up this morning and checked my temperature. 99.5 Hmmm do I go or stay home. The bed really wasn't all that inviting after tossing and turning all night so I thought I might as well go to work. At first it was a little rough, chills then sweats but as the day went on the dull ache in my head and my occasional cough seemed to get better. On the way home my headache returned and I still have a slight fever. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Here's hoping you feel better soon.

Brando said...

Come on stop with the songs.

Yin will say "Should I stay or should I go?" She says go, but I don't listen to her.