Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ahhh, Ughhh, OOOoooo Chocolate.


My girlfriend walked by this evening and asked "Do you want to help me in a taste test?" My response as I am not a picky eater, as you can tell by my manly figure. "SURE!" She soon returned with her hands behind her back. She first reveled a small square of dark chocolate. It is at that point my brain said, "This is gonna be good." I took the first piece into my mouth and started to enjoy the experience of dark chocolate to realize that suddenly it was harshly tart and bitter. I didn't think they make a bad dark chocolate. It reminded me of baker's chocolate but even more tart. I tried what was in her other hand and he difference was night and day. It was smoother less plastic feeling to the teeth and with just enough sweetness and flavor to roll my eyes back in my head. I was soon to find out the origins of said chocolate samples. Sample #1 was Lindt 70% cocoa. Sample #2 was Godiva . I think I still prefer the smoothness of Dove dark chocolate.

I received pictures, this evening, of my niece in her Halloween costume. She is going to be a witch. She is so cute in her pointy hat, her chubby-cheeked face and a smile that almost closes off her eyes. She was adopted from South Korea in Feb. 2005. Since then we have been blessed with her undeniable presence. You can tell by looking in her eyes that she demands attention and will do what ever to get it. She is a year and a half old now and with some delays in her walking she is now into everything she can get her hands on. They now have to restrain her area to roam in the house. When she stands at the gate that keep her out of the kitchen she looks like she is in kiddy prison. Her older brother, adopted also, gets frustrated that she drags his toys out also. I think his parent would agree that he needs no help in that area.

Above is a smiley face in dark chocolate chips. YUM!

No comments: