Thursday, September 29, 2005

Got Paid!


I run a test before I logged this post as I already had one to post and blogger conveniently did maintenance at the same time and I lost it. Here is round 2 . I hope it works this time.

I got paid today. This is the my first paycheck in 18 months. Well not a paycheck Per se but a direct deposit slip. I know to some of you this may seem old hat, but I was excited when my boss handed me the envelope. I quickly placed it into my pocket and continued on with my work. After a couple hours the curiosity finally got the best of me and I finally had some private time to look at my earnings. (bathroom break) I slipped my finger under the flap and ripped it down the length of the envelope. I reached in and grasped the slip with my fingers and pulled out the future of my meager checking account and the corresponding purchases to follow. Before my eyes set on the slip, thoughts of what I might purchase with my new wage popped into my head. Lexus, GUCCI watch, maybe a Yacht....The images were whirling around in my head and then my eyes fumbled through the hours worked, insurance payment, social security, taxes withheld and the images started to dim. I finally spied the amount deposited into my account and reality hit me in the face. This will make a house payment. Joy, I get to keep my house for another month. Hooray! Even though the amount that I got was a lot smaller than what I made in my previous job, I am happy to get it, because not only is it just a small direct deposit slip, it is also my sanity.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Payday makes it all worth it sometimes.