Thursday, September 15, 2005

Insomniac...

I am home on my last day of freedom. I have to go to work tomorrow. Although I am excited and ready, I am also apprehensive and nervous. I know I can do the job and will be good at it, but I think it is in my nature to worry. I am an insomniac. No not a addict to the Green Day album picture left but a person that doesn't sleep well and have been for many years. Although I do like Green Day I don't think it has infected me with this affliction. I get it from my mother as she is a worry wart also. Hence my previous post about her. My twin brother could sleep on a bed of nails and get a good nights sleep. I think my girl friend is asleep while walking to the bed to go to sleep. I envy them. I know that the worry doesn't do any good and does a lot of bad things like keeping me from sleeping, decreasing my energy and increasing my stress. I'm sure this is the reason that most of my family is on blood pressure medication by the age of 35. I guess I am stress because of my previous work experiences. Usual schedule started he night before work. Usually go to bed @ 11pm and finally fall asleep around 2am. Wake up 4:30am and be on the road @ 5:15am for a 2 hr drive to the first work site. Scan patient from 7am to noon, then pack up the MR trailer and get on the road to next site to arrive by 1:30pm. Start scanning patients until done. Usually around 7 or 8pm. Pack up the trailer and get underway for your drive home of 2 hrs. Get home around 9pm or 10pm and wind down. You never knew when you left home when you would get home that night. The longest day I work was 21hrs to go home sleep 2hrs and work a 16hr next day. After work like that and 8hr day will feel like as soon as you get there it time to go home. I just home that this new job keeps me busy so I don't get bored. A lot of the time on the MR trailer was hurry up and wait making the 16 hr days feel more like 20hrs. Well I better go. I have to get to the post office to send out a package. Hope to have more to post tomorrow.

No comments: