Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Start Friday....


I just got back from my pre employment physical. I passed with flying colors. Signed up for insurance, 401K and direct deposit. I am ready to go to work. The year hiatus I had was too long. I think my mothers nerves can't take it much longer although she took it better than I ever thought she would. I figured I would get the weekly phone call that would remind me to get out there and pound the pavement. I thought she would hire spys and people to keep and eye out for jobs in the area and report back to her. She didn't say much of anything about the situation so I am not sure if she voiced her concern and disappointment to other family members or it wasn't a big deal since I had my Sugar Momma. I'm sorry to disappoint any of my family and I'm sure my brother enjoyed poking fun, but I had to take some time off.
When I graduated high school I was out of school just 2 weeks and started college. While other students were enjoying there summer off , and don't you think my brother didn't let me know it, I was getting some support classes in. The radiology program is set up for 2 years but it consisted of 7 semesters. Even when my brother graduated college, I still had a couple of months to go. I finally graduated in Aug. 1993 and went to work. My first and only real vacation was in 1996 when a friend and I went to Las Vegas. All I got there was a tattoo and an empty wallet. When we got back to the airport and long term parking, my friends car had a flat tire and battery. We had to push the car to get it started and get to a gas station near by to air up the tire. Since then while working any other time taken was for dental appointments. YEAH! Or to work on my house, ie painting, roofing all that jazz. It just seemed that any job I took or was hired for that I was the only one that could do that job and if I did take time off, I just had that much more work waiting on me to return. As I felt guilty about the job not being done I just didn't take time off and began the supplement my paycheck so I wouldn't loose any vacation pay. I guess being somewhat indispensable is great for job security but no so much for time off. I just hope with this new job that I will have the time and energy to enjoy my family, have fun and have a life.

No comments: