Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Watching TV by candlelight...


Last night we had a sudden storm drop down from the north. The wind blew and blew causing the lights to blink. With the amazing light show mother nature showed us it was only enhanced to a magnificent display of what she can do when the power went off at 10:15pm. We lit a candle and consoled our kitty boy as he's not much for storms thinking the power will pop back on in a bit. (An hour later) While looking out the windows noticed the street to the west of us had power...Funny. Then noticed the street light to the north was on, but everything to the east was out. As the humidity started to creep into the house we decided it was time to try to go to sleep. To help cool off the bedroom we opened a window for a cool breeze. Laying there in my own sweat hope the power would come back on, praying the power would come back on. Then about at about 3:45 am we heard large power company trucks drive by the house only to return about 5 minutes later. Not sure what they had to do but about an hour later the power came back and I could finally get to sleep to wake up about an hour later for work. I was so thankful for that hour thought. We had a busy day and I was on my feet and running around for about 9 hours today. The dogs were barking.. Finally got my mask for my electric chair guy. I may have to take a pic and post it later. Maybe on Halloween.
PS When blogger says repost in 10 minutes.....Don't believe it... Waited more than 30 minutes to post this entry. Then finally gave up.

No comments: