Sunday, November 06, 2005

Good Bye Fall Colors.

We had quite the storm last night with rain and hail but nothing compared to Evansville and Newburgh area. Needles, Ragged and Jenny was there yesterday on a big yarn shopping spree and return home late last night. We turned in around 11:00pm only to be awaken around 1:00am by thunder and lightning. I got up to unplug our TV and lap top just in time to hear a clap of thunder really close. The hail didn't hit until around 1:30am and what I saw of it, it looked to be around the size of my thumb nail. This morning I noticed the tree in the front yard is naked of leaves. We went to Needle's mothers today and had a nice dinner with Needles mom and uncles. Afterward we walked down in the woods to scout for deer sign as shotgun season is only 2 weeks away. I noticed on the trip down and while walking in the wood that the fall colors that were so vibrant and colorful have been changed to mostly browns with the occasional pop of yellow. Not a lot of oranges and reds anymore. It's a pity that the fall colors couldn't stick around a few more weeks. Of course the temps have been unseasonably warm lately but I fear the next color change will be mostly white. I don't mind the cold temperatures but not a big fan of snow. I guess my previous job in which I had to drive all over creation has turned me against the white stuff. That's why I will be singing....I'm.....dreamin.....ofa..brown......Christmas. Later Ya'll.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Loving that photo. Very Tim Burton