Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Finally to rest and watch Star Wars III.

Yesterday I got off work early to get our Halloween props out in the yard for the trick or treaters. I started around 2:30pm and went full tilt until about 5:30pm. Needles friend Jennifer stopped by to enjoy Halloween with us and was gracious to bring pizza which I devoured while handing out candy and checking props. The Trick or Treat session was to last until 8:00pm and we had a decent turn out even with the threat of rain. At 8:00pm our official count was 58....Not bad but no record for our small town Halloween. We had lots of witches and Batmans, but it seemed the most popular mask this year was the Scream masks in all there variations. After Halloween was done I set about putting away our props and decorations. I finally got to set down for any length of time at 11:30pm and I was ready for bed. After a night sleep my feet were still hurting this morning. I was counting the hours at work today to get out of there and buy the new Star Wars III movie out on DVD. I didn't go see it at the movies when it first came out. That's a rant for another post some other time. Anyway I think SWIII was OK.....Clearly better than SWI and marginally better than SWII. None of them touch the original IV thru VI, even with the high tech computer graphics and special effects, but that's me. Now that I have watched SWIII I feel that I have completed a book that I have been reading off and on for most of my life. Although the story line was disappointing and cheesy at times I am still glad I watched it.




Here is a few pictures of my front yard for Halloween.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

The decorations looks great. Good job. I love the electric chair!