Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend Fun...

I know I haven't posted in a few days but Needles and I were busy whipping this house into shape for company. It was Cynical & Ragged for a weekend visit of our humble abode and our little town. Friday after they arrived we made a run to a local restaurant with my brother and sister in law and had there mouth watering BBQ ribs. The Needles and Ragged had the catfish and my sister in law had the rib eye while My brother, Cynical and I had BBQ smiles on our faces. After that we went back to my brothers place to visit and spend time with my niece and nephew. When it got to be the youngens bedtime Needles, Ragged, Cynical and I drove to a near by coffee shop by the name of Ophilia's Cup. Great atmosphere and even better beverages warm and cold. After a evening of great conversation there was only one thing left to do. Go home and play euchre until 1:30 am . The evening card game ended in a tie and the final outcome would have to wait until later as the caffeine buzz was starting to wear off and eyelids were getting heavy and concentration on the game started to lag.

The next day we got up and headed out for the big city. After stopping by the local yarn shop and Needle's and Ragged got their yarn fix it was off to Lowe's and then Hallmark and JoAnn's Fabrics, followed by the China Buffet for lunch. After we got our bellies full we thought we would walk it off on a tour of Needle's work and a pleasant visit with Needle's boss with a tour of the sites and geocaching to follow on our trip back home. Last night we concluded the intense euchre game and luckily Needle's and I were victorious but not by much, all the games were close. Then to finish off the night with discussions of just about every subject until early in the morning. (3:30am) This morning was kinda rough after a late night like that but my 9:30am we were up and working on breakfast. Needles and Ragged has discussions about knitting projects and Needles refreshed her padawan learner about knitting. Cynical and I sat around doing much of nothing, but enjoying the morning of inactivity. I am glad Cynical and Ragged was able to visit and hope to do it again soon.
The first picture is of a lawn ornament at the yarn shop. The second is a interesting bridge we stopped to take pictures of and in the third the Indian looks sad kinda the way we felt when Cynical and Ragged had to leave .

No comments: