Sunday, November 27, 2005

Turkey Day Part 2 Is Over....

We are finally home after the weekend of running around, visiting family and eating until our innie belly buttons turn into outties. Yes I ate that much! We left home around 3:30pm Friday afternoon and headed to the promise land of KY. We drove by a lot of the tornado damage just off the I64 bypass and South 41 by Ellis Park. It was terrible to see and I can only imagine what the people there went through during that frightening night. After a short stop to stretch our legs at the Hanson Outlet Mall we continued on our way to my parents arriving around 6:30pm. The first question out of my parents mouth was "How was your trip?" The second was "Are you hungry?" Of course we dove in to the leftovers and I stuffed myself into a nicely content lethargy of digestion. Then the next question......"Are you ready for dessert?" My response "Sure what do you got?" My mother then stated "We have lemon cake with sour cream frosting, marble cake with chocolate frosting or chocolate pie." Myself being one who can't decide I did the easiest thing to do in a situation like that. I said " I will take a piece of each." After chewing and swallowing the last bite of the dessert the pressure started to build on the old waist band so there was only one thing to do.....Unbutton the pants to relieve the pressure. I felt it was the only SAFE thing to do as the pressure behind the button on my pants was one that is it had popped off it could have killed or maimed someone. I had to go to bed around 9:30 pm because of my stomach was shutting down unnecessary organs like my brain to aid in the digestion of food. The next day my parents, Needles and I went to Hopkinsville to see what kind of bargains we could find. I didn't find much but Needles found 4 skeins of yarn normally $5 a skein for $.50 each. Needless to say she was thrilled with her bargain. When we return back to my parents Needles and I went to my Mecca.....Uncle Lee's a virtual cornucopia of hunting and other various items that every man should have. After our shopping we return to my parent home for more food and a visit to my Grandma's and another invitation to eat again. After we returned home I ended up going to bed around 11:00pm. My night was very restless as you will soon find out why. My feet itched and burned all night allowing only 3 hours of sleep all night. Sunday around 10:30am we headed North back towards home but first need to drop off some items purchased for Needles Uncles and of course we ate again. When we got home around 4:30pm I noticed my legs were very sensitive to the touch and low and behold we made a run to the Emergency Room for multiple brown recluse bites on my thighs. I had the idea that something was weird Thursday night that the insides of my thighs were itching severely and a small red area about the size of a quarter being there. Since I was in the wood deer hunting the weekend before I thought it could be poison ivy and decide to keep and eye on it. Friday after coming home from work I noticed the quarter size area had grown into about the size of the top of a soup can but wasn't as red. When we arrived at my parent my feet were itching severely and the bite areas stayed the same size. Sunday I noticed some increase sensitivity in the areas but quickly put it out of my mind. After the 3 hour trip home it was to the point that something was going to need to be done he red areas were turning dark. At the ER I have the usual once over by the nurse reporting that my blood pressure was very high at 140/110 and then the Doc came in to inspect the bite areas. After a CBC (blood work) to check for infection we were free to leave with a prescription for antibiotic and cream for my rashy feet. I am now home recovering from my spider bites and Thanksgiving weekend.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

How are you feeling now? Ugh, that sounds nasty and like no fun.