Saturday, November 05, 2005

I'm glad I was wearing boxers.

This is my earliest post yet and probably will be the earliest for some time. I wouldn't be posting yet but what just happened this morning was funny yet horrifying. Needles, Jenny from the blog and Ragged have orchestrated a knit day today. A day to get together and shop for yarn, knit and discuss knitting projects and probably a quick "How To" for some of the padawan knitters. I knew they were having a get together today, however I forgot Jenny was to meet Needles here this morning.
Nothing starts off a nice knit get together like a good flash from you friends boy friend. I heard some noise in the living room and thought that either Needles was still here or Fuzzy Face was into something he shouldn't be so I get up and goto the French doors that open to the living room. I open the door and see a silhouette in the sunbeam streaming through the front bay window. At first in by half awake fuzziness and sleep gunked eyes I think it Needles.....To finally have my brain to connect the circuits and "DANGER DANGER Will Robinson!" Nope, It was Jenny from Jenny from the Blog standing in my living room and I like a Gomer standing in the bedroom door way in my boxers. After what seemed like 5 minutes, in my fog of sleep, I finally mutter a "Sorry" and shut the door to try and restore the scrap my dignity I have. I put on clothing and try to shake the cobwebs from my brain and go back into the living room. You would kinda think that if this happened to 10 people that 9 out of 10 would be embarrassed and humiliated and one would have the body of a Chippendale and probably strut through the living room without a second thought. Since I don't have a Chippendale body I honestly have to say that embarrassment did enter my mind but it wasn't the first thing I thought of. The first thing that popped into my brain was, great now I have destroyed the knit get together. As you may have read on Ragged's blog she had a questionable seizure episode a couple days ago and on the same day Needlefingers had a severe dizzy spell that kept her home from work. Now I have made Jenny sick and the circle is complete. I then was humiliated and embarrassed but I am not one to let that bother me. If you knew me you would know why, and that is because I have grown immune to embarrassing situations. All I can say is "Been there, Done that, Lets move on." Apparently my display didn't make Jenny too sick as she jumped in the truck with Needles and they are now on there way to the knitting nirvana of the big city and of yarn shops and knitting accessories. Crap they took the truck again. It could be a big haul.

In Cynicals recent posting that knitting caused Ragged to have a seizure. I am not sure about that but as in Star Wars III the Master Sith knew when the apprentice was in trouble or danger. I think that is why Needles was sick the same day as Ragged. The Dark Side is strong with both of them I tell ya.

I posted the picture above because I am sure this pup is about half as embarrassed as I was this morning, at least he has cloathes on,but he has the cute factor working for him. Me, not so much.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

Thank goodness your thong was in the wash!

Jennifer said...

LOL! I was not traumatized...I felt bad because I thought I'd been loud and woke you up.

Actually, I thought of the time on West Wing when CJ was in the pool (I think she was skinny dippin')and when she wanted to get out she told the guy standing by the pool (Toby, I think): "Avert your eyes!" So really, all I remember of 'the incident' is thinking the phrase "Avert your eyes!"

Be sure to share this with Needlefingers...I'll bet she remembers that scene!