Saturday, February 04, 2006

Cats, Coffee and Chinese


Today the house is a little more empty. Even with the addition to the family a few days ago. (Copper) We are one less. Needle's mom "L" went home today. I'm sure the boys (Tugger and Copper) will miss there daily rubbins while Needles and I are at work. After we took "L" back and dropped off her car we went to the big city to eat Chinese. Needles asked me if I was hungry and I responded "I could eat but not starving." After this statement I think I put away the first mounded plate in about 5 minutes. I did however hold myself to only one plate of food. I was very good. We then went to a grocery store in the big city. One in particular was Beuhler's, it seems to be the only store that carries the new Folger's coffee flavor, Chocolate Silk. We have searched high and low in our area and haven't found it anywhere else. I love it! I think they put crack in with the coffee. In the last couple weeks we have put away a 11.5 oz container. So this evening we bought a couple more. We usually make a 12 cup pot every evening after work and usually finish it up by bed time. We then returned home after considering and rejecting a run to Wally World. Copper has continued to get better. He has seemed to quit coughing but is still sneezing somewhat frequently. He and Tugger has been romping through the house and have now settled down for then umpteenth nap of the day. There is a important schedule off naps to maintain when your a cat or kitten. You don't want to fall behind in your schedule or you might never catch up and get back on track. There is the morning nap, the mid morning nap, the late morning nap, the pre lunch nap and post lunch nap, pre-evening nap, evening nap, and post evening nap, then while Needles and I sleep it is buffalo cat stampede. If we don't have the fan running you can hear both of them racing back and forth from the living room into the utility room. We call it buffalo cat time as it sounds like just that. A heard of buffalos running through the house. It is amazing that a cat and a kitten can make that much noise. I just wonder what it will be like when Copper gets bigger. The vet said he is going to grow up to be a bruiser. Tomorrow is the Supper Bowl and we are just going to stick around the house, and sip coffee and watch the football game. Not because of the game but to watch the interesting commercials. Mr. Ground rat is still on my hit list as it was windy and cold out today. Darn you Punxsutawney Phil, darn you to heck.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Don't you wish we had the same nap schedule?