Sunday, February 05, 2006

Kitty, Vacuum Cleaner. Vacuum Cleaner, Kitty.

I put off vacuuming as long as I could stand it. I got tired of picking up kitty fur tumble weeds off the carpet. It was starting to look like the wild west, we just needed a cactus or two spouting up in the living room. I wanted to wait until the kitties were getting along better before I added any more stress into the mix. Both Tugger and Copper was in the living room and I wheeled in the vacuum cleaner. Tugger did just what I suspected, and have seen him do in the past, bail for the protection of the sliver of space between the end table and the wall. Copper stood there looking at the vacuum cleaner as if it was something else to climb or play on. Needles and I looked at each other and winced as my fingers fumbled for the on switch. With a click the vacuum was coming up to power and Coppers eyes widened with the rising noise level. He ran as fast as his furry legs would allow for the same comfort spot as Tugger but before vanishing behind the table he paused for a split second for another glance to see if the torture was going to stop. Nope, so off to squeeze into the safety zone with big brother. I was afraid the noise might add stress to the relationship but I think it actually brought them closer together. They are brothers in fear. Shortly after the torture was over they returned to there designated napping areas without much anxiety. I was glad they both survived Coppers first vacuum cleaner experience.
They seem to be getting along very well. They have been chasing each other around the house and swapping who is IT. We still get the occasional hiss from Copper as I imagine this is kitten for "that's enough, step off!" It usually happens when Tugger is chasing Copper and gives him a swat on the rear and Copper tumbles like a antelope being chased by a cheetah. We are happy that they are getting along so well and hope that when Copper gets bigger that they continue to do so and there is no struggle for he alpha position in the house.
It's another Darn Mr. Ground Hog day today. The temperature is hovering around 27 and the wind has a definite bite to it. I don't share Raggeds love and enjoyment of winter weather. I do however like to see a white Xmas but after Xmas it can go away.
Today is Super Bowl Sunday and Needles is making home made chicken and noodle soup. We are in for the day and are hoping this day doesn't fly by too quickly as tomorrow it's back to work.

No comments: