Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines Day After.


Yesterday was Valentines Day, Needles and I in recent years, have been very practical with our gift giving. I used to get her a dozen roses for her Birthday and Valentines Day, but decided against flowers that would be dead in a week and decided on more practical gifts. After a few years of this we noticed nick knacks setting on the shelves collecting dust so I decided to surprise her, go back to the old ways and get her flowers again. I had them delivered to her work and she was very pleased. Yesterday, on her way home she stopped off and pick up a couple roses for me. I was surprised, because as a male I have only received flowers a couple times in my life. With Copper having to go to the vet, the kitten is starting to add up quite a bill and I was making jokes about having to get a second job to support my kitten. I was surprised again as last night Needles made the comment that as an additional gift for Valentines Day she was going to pay for Copper to get neutered. I was touched, yet amused by the comment. We both giggled as we both made the comment "Nothing says I love you like getting your kittens nuts cut. " Maybe you had to be there but we rolled for a several minutes on that one. As a practical person I am touched by the sentiment as I am sure Copper will be in a few weeks. Needles was just coaxing Copper to get out of the fridge as he seems he needs to explore inside. I think he might be short bus like his older brother.Needles is in the kitchen fixing supper. I am snacking on Dove's dark chocolate promises. Yum! The first few comments we read were kind of blah but this last few are a little more ambitious in there messages. I think I would rob a bank if Dove's messages told me to. I think the aluminum foil acts as a small transmission dish sending sub-liminal messages to my brain to make me eat more chocolate. Damn them and their remote marketing. I think it's secretly funded by the government after there failed remote viewing spy program in the late 50's and early 60's.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

"And there off!" the man said as he drug his balls across the fan. That saying cracks me up which reminds me. Save your money and get a piece of yarn and dangle it over a high speed fan. Just kidding. All I can say about your latest blog is how romantic. He He .

FarmWife said...

Hey, you could just bring kitty over when it comes time to cut the pigs. I'm sure we could work him in! Who knew castration could be so romantic?

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Nuttin says lovin' like de-nuttin.