Wednesday, January 11, 2006

2006 Sucks So Far...

This year has started of with a big (insert vacuum sound). After the tragedy and worrisome news about a dear friends family and now it is hitting a little closer to home. Yesterday while at work my sis-in-law's father dropped by to get a EKG after having his cholesterol checked and they discovered his cardiac enzymes were elevated. After his EKG was normal all was well and he left the hospital. When I got home last night after I visited a friends house I received a phone call. The man I just seen at my work about 5 hours ago was now at the hospital having emergency heart surgery. I was shocked to say the least to find out that apparently he had a heart attack within the past few days and he didn't know it. While my brother was on the phone relaying the news he also added the question. Did you know Dad has shingles. Nooooo was my response so a quick call to my Mom and Dad to see what was going on down there and to tell them I loved them, a quick shower and then a fast trip over to the hospital to set with my sis-in-laws family. We were there until midnight and returned home when the family was allowed to go into recovery. Needless to say this morning I was dragging physically and emotionally. I think I am getting abit stressed about Needles mom upcoming surgery. I will be glad when all of this is over and things can return back to normal. I hope it happens before 2007. This will be my last post until possibly Sunday.

3 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Goodness! Pass along our get well wishes to your dad and to B's dad. Let us know if you need anything. We are thinking of you as you travel, as you prepare for Needles' mom's surgery and the recovery. Let her know that we will be thinking of her as she prepares for a long road ahead, but we know she has lots of support, great "nurses" and all the good vibes and prayers we can send. (Please keep us posted!)

musicgeek said...

Damn! Enzymes...heart attacks...surgery...SHINGLES!!!!

Things have GOT to start looking up for you guys. When all the dust clears form this, I hope you have a very uneventful remainder of the year.

K_Dense73 said...

Chin up, buckaroo. Things will get better...and worse again and then a little better and ALOT worse but ultimately it will be okay. Not a sparrow falls without the father's knowledge.