Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Much needed repair with a twist.


I have a 97 Jeep Wrangler. Its not your regular passenger vehicle but it is the only vehicle we have that has anything that resembles a back seat. Needles 98 Dakota extended cab doesn't count because if you set in the back you have to seat sideways. Anyway several months ago I was putting the back seat in the Jeep and dropped a clip down between the bracket and fender. I tried to remove the bracket only to snap off the bolts. Insert multiple 4 letter words here. After calming down the rear seat was unusable so I decided that one day I would just get rid of it and that would be it. Of course several times since then we have needed a vehicle that could haul more than 2 people. I finally found a friend, lets call him "J " to get the bolts out as they were dangerously near hard brake lines and figured I would screw it up and end up having to have the Jeep towed to a shop to get the brake lines fixed. So now the bolts are out and I am on the search to find ones to fit and fix the bracket so I can once again have a back seat for passengers. When I arrived home I noticed another one of my friends, lets call him "G" in the driveway. "G" is a friend to "J" also. "J" called "G" to tell him that he had left his cell phone on the front bumper of my Jeep. When I pulled in the cell phone was still perched on the front bumper.....Luckily. I drove several miles on not to smooth of roads and was amazed it survived the trip. Anyway the bolts are out the phone is returned and all is well.....For now.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Wow, he was lucky. The way I drive it would have been on the road in about 3 minutes.