Wednesday, January 18, 2006

They Are Home.

Today went pretty well, with waiting on the phone call from Needles to when they are coming home. I received a phone call at 1pm and they were still at the hospital while they checked on insurance coverage and some medication they needed to send home with them. TWO HOURS LATER they finally got to leave but not without forgetting to be given some rather essential items like..... Lets see Needles Mom's heart pillow. Yes the pillow used to compress the breast bone that was opened up just a few days ago. She said she even told the nurse that she left it in the room twice and was ignored. Also the spirometer that she is supposed to be doing her breathing exercises. I think while I was up there and Needles Mom was in the cardiac care room that things ran very smoothly and the way things should go after having major surgery. When she was transferred into a regular room. That's when the wheels came off the apple cart. From what Needles and Needles Mom's stories the care given while in regular room was shoddy and unprofessional. I don't what if they were understaffed or if the nurses on the regular floor were just a bunch of incompetent employees but I think if I would have been there while this was all going on and not hearing about it after the fact. I would have made a BIG stink! I work in a hospital and I know just who to talk to get asses in trouble and things done. I just wish I was there and maybe things would have been different. Oh Well. I think we are going to check and a medical supply store tomorrow to see about getting the necessary items. The hospital stay started off so well and ended up like a pig on stilts. At least we have her home and will get better care.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

So glad they are home safe and sound.

K_Dense73 said...

The hospital should have ensured she went home with those things. They should have at least had them sent to her or called her or did something.