Saturday, December 10, 2005

Do Nuthin Weekend.


Thursday morning was cold....Very cold.....Too cold in the freakin house cold. I awoke in bed at 5:15 am shivering but didn't want to get out of bed. I thought the central heat will kick on in a bit. One hour later and still shivering in bed and no heat. I didn't want to get out of a semi warm bed but had to as it was time to go to work. When I got up I went straight to the thermostat........After my eyes gained the ability to focus I was shocked.........55 degrees in the house. Now that's colder than a well diggers butt. After flipping the switches on the thermostat I finally got it to kick on. Dust, spiderweb, who know why it didn't kick on but it seems to be working now.
This weekend was a free weekend for Needles and I. This has been the first weekend in who knows when, that we didn't have any plans and could do what ever when ever. Last night was Movies and BBQ ribs from the Trace Inn. We rented some very quirky movies as I guess we were in a quirky mood. The Rental list goes as follows. Life Aquatic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy. Yes we were in a quirky mood. The Life Aquatic with Bill Murray was disappointing. I felt as though I was waiting for the movie to get good and it never did. I question if this movie might appeal to people high on weed, that's the only people I can think of that might find it entertaining. Charlie was good and Johnny was quirky in his way but doesn't hold a candle to Gene Wilder in the original. Lemony was depressing as a whole with difficulty finding humor in a usually over the top Jim Carey character trying to kill little kids. The most enjoyable movie of the weekend was Hitchiker's, it was funny in a British dry sort of way. We laughed out loud several times with some of the off the wall humor. Needles talked with friends that read the books and they hated the movie.
Today we sat around and had plans to do nuthin.....Absolutely nuthin. That lasted until 10:30 am the we through on some clothes and headed out to the big city. I still had some Xmas shopping to do and wanted to knock it out so that I didn't have to think about it any more. Mission Accomplished. I still have to intercept a box coming to the house so that Needles doesn't see who its from and figure out what it is. Tonight we are slouchin around the house in our loungy pants and wondering what to watch on TV as there is nuthin on.

The picture is of snow covered bushes in front of the Trace Inn.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I bet the Trace Inn is gorgeous surrounded by snow!