Saturday, December 31, 2005

When Did I Fall Off The Train?


I suspect along time ago. If you want to know what I am referring to, it is the fact that I am no longer cool......Maybe I never was....I think this epiphany hit he while watching MTV and actually watching music videos and not see the some what mindless programming they show most of the time. I noticed that every band had at least one person in it that had bed head hair.....I think and Jenny from the blog has mentioned that it's supposed to be edgy. If this is what it takes to be cool and "Hip" these days than I have officially fallen off the train. I was cool before it's time, like in the 80's when I would get up just in time to get dressed and run out to the bus to school, comb and brush be damned. Now people buy products to put in their hair to get the "look", when I used to spend hours trying to brush and comb my cow licked fro into submission. Now I just buzz cut it and I don't have to mess with it. I refer to fashion as a train ride because I feel that fashion and style is kind like a ride. The longer the ride on the train the more you have to pay to be on the fashion train with updating wardrobes and new accessories and eventually everyone falls off unknowingly, or just decides to get off, or is pushed from the train because of certain circumstances beyond their control. Some times the landing is painless and the person may not know they are even off the train for awhile but other incidences maybe violent and harsh. My experience was more like the unknowingly sort of thing. Maybe I am too frugal to be cool and edgy or maybe I just don't think I could get away with it at age 32. Maybe I will adopt this bed head look and let my hair grow out from the buzz cut that it's in right now and when I get up I will just throw on some clothes and go to work. Comb, brush and hair products be damned. Maybe one day I will board the train again but I doubt it. I think I will start my own product and with the logic of todays style and edginess it will be a big hit and I will be a gazillionaire.It seems as logical as the Bed Head thing. Comes in Mornin, Onion and Garlic Breath.

No comments: