Sunday, December 11, 2005

I Finally Got It Up!


No I'm not talking about that. Get your mind out of the gutter. Cynical's post inspired me to get our tree up. It's not real, but it's up. We didn't put it up last year because we had Fuzzy Face with us and was afraid he would knock off ornaments. Well I was partly right. He is afraid of the thing. So I guess I have to add this to my previous post. He has to go through the room the tree is in to get to his litter box and food. Lets just say he doesn't let the grass grow under his feet when he goes through the room. All the while keeping an eye out for the Xmas tree in case it decides to jump on him. Like I have said before he is short bus. Sometimes I think his bus is so short it doesn't have room for back wheels. Our Xmas tree is a amalgam of Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter and other various ornaments we have acquired over the last few years. I have been in this house 10 years and this is probably only the 3rd year I have put up a tree. It just seems like a lot of work to put up and down but this year I guess we had the energy. We had plans to put the tree up today but earlier it would have been easy to talk me out of it. Now that it is up I am glad and actually, it feel more like December and close to Xmas. Yesterday we wrapped up several gifts so we actually had some present to put under the tree. There's nothing more depressing than a tree without presents under it. Needlefingers baked some sugar cookies tonight so I am fat and sassy on cookies. I think I have managed to put away 6 or 7 and I am already thinking about going back for more. Today while putting up the tree we put on the XM radio and have been listening to Xmas songs from various artists and generations. Don't say we aren't doing the prep work to get us into the holiday spirit. I thought we were done shopping but after taking inventory today we managed to think of a couple things we need to get. Joy!


Fuzzy face finally came out of hiding. I didn't have the nerve to get out the vacuum cleaner to clean up the loose needles in the carpet. He's scared of it too.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Your tree is gorgeous. Make no mistake, Cynical shouldn't have inspired you to put up a tree. He simply "consults" while I get all sappy (literally) and light the ^%$# thing.

Really, it looks nice and really does the trick when it comes to putting you in the holiday spirit, doesn't it?

K_Dense73 said...

Poor hitty hit. He takes after his dad. :D

Every project needs a consultant, a foreman, a manager. Believe me, she needs the direction. :)