Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bad Day But Not Mine.


Today was a bad day. Not for me but for a co-worker. He is the mobile ultrasound tech for the hospital I work at. Anyway, He and his boss go around to the local hospitals, clinics and do ultrasound exams. I have been hearing comments that business had been slow and if it didn't pick up that my friend might be bumped to part time. This isn't the bad part of the story. Anyway, he has been having trouble with his ultrasound equipment and has had to have it fixed several times over the last few months. Just about the time they think they got it straightened out, the equipment would go down again. They finally got it fixed and everything has been going great the last few weeks. Again this isn't the bad part......Keep reading. Today when he got to our hospital he unloaded his machine like he has done every weekday and some weekends the last 15 or so years he has been doing this, and was pulling his van around to park when the wind kicked up and disengauged the break on the machine. The newly fixed ultrasound machine rolled down the slanted parking lot for about 200ft and slammed into a brand new cherry red Chevy colbalt. For those of you not familiar with a mobile ultrasound machine think of it as a $100,000+ battering ram. The machine was decapitated with it's monitor and VCR ripping off and busting out the drivers door window. The base caved in the door panel. It will most likely be a total loss. This is part of the bad part. The other part of the bad part is that since they are a small company it is now up to the insurance company. If they don't cover the incident due to policy loopholes or if they don't reimburse well or their premiums are jacked so high that they can't make ends meet, my friend will no longer have a job. All I can say is think good thoughts for my friend and hope everything works out. When you are having a bad day just think about this incident and hopefully your day doesn't seem so bad.

4 comments:

Brando said...

Hope that things go well. I would hate for him to lose his job, and it would also be bad for the facility to lose ultrasounds. My mom and Yuri have both had these done at the hospital.

K_Dense73 said...

Geez!

Rudy said...

I hope everything works out. If its the guy I think it is, we had a special little bond. No man has ever touched me so. I mean NO MAN!!! He he

FarmWife said...

How horrible!