Saturday, March 11, 2006

Multi Laptop Household.


Needles and I spent the day in the big city of Evansville today. We went with a purpose and to have some fun. Needles was gracious to allow me to select the place to eat and get away from our usual Olive Garden run while there. Our first stop was at Circuit City and came up craps. The next stop was Pet Smart to see what all they had for our fuzzy little ones. I did get some spray to help Copper with his training. He has been getting into a lot of trouble lately getting on the furniture, clawing the couch, clawing the curtains and chewing on electrical cords. I believe he is going to be our problem child. After that we went to Best Buy were we got what we set out for. We had been mulling around the idea of adding another laptop to our wireless network and had been looking some laptops over. We had a Dell laptop in the running and was way out in front with it unbelievable price. Under further investigation we noticed it came with a Free printer, which is nice but not needed as we already have a nice printer. We then noticed it didn't come with a printer cable which is kinda like selling you a new car and having to pay extra for the keys. We also noticed that the unbelievable price didn't include the $80 AC adapter, which in continuing with my previous analogy is like selling you a new car, the gas tank being bone dry and charging for gas. SOOOooooo in the end the unbelievable price wasn't so unbelievable. We had been scoping out a nice Compaq at Wal-Mart and had it as a backup plan if we didn't find anything better. However Best Buy was the winner. We got a Compaq V2570NR which we were comfortable and had confidence in as our other laptop is a Compaq R3125US and has been very reliable since we got it 2 years ago. The Geek Squad does a Free check up on laptop while you wait and also offers to update your virus protection and Windows while you wait, for a price but I couldn't see paying for something that my own lazy butt could do when I got home. I just spent 2 hours updating everything which sucked as the act goes something like this. Update, reboot, update sumore, reboot, update yet again, reboot, update one more time, reboot, Ohh just one more thing to update, reboot, Again while you were updating there were some more update added, Update, reboot. By the time I was done I almost wish I would have had them do it but I didn't feel like spending an hour in Best Buy. I would be like kid in a candy shop there. I would be in som much debt by the time I got out of there. Any way after that we went to eat at the Texas Road House. This was the first time I had been there and it was very good. I was finally able to relax and enjoy my visit to the big city. This is unusual as I am somewhat anxious in Evansville and get irritated with all the people. I think the 2 beers on an empty stomach may have help to relieve some anxiety. Hick!

2 comments:

Rudy said...

Nice Baby Pictures. Maybe we can get together and have a play date. Oh I remember when we had our new born. The updates are a nightmare. Just feels like it was a couple of weeks ago.

K_Dense73 said...

What a beautiful new addition! Boy or girl?