Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Great Stories...Now my Turn.

I worked as a X-ray Tech in a small clinic in Southern, IL. In September 1996 a nice young thang walked into the clinic with a rib injury. It was Needles, I played it cool and calm and did the usual weight, blood pressure and history of the injury. The Doc ordered a Magna Therm treatment and I went to the room to start the treatment which lasts 20 minutes. As I waited for the therapy to finish and remove the machine I got called away to do an X-ray. I was disappointed that I missed see her again but went on with my job. A couple months later on a Thursday "L" (Needle's Mom) and Needles came into the clinic. Apparently "L" had twisted her ankle and needed checked out. I was ordered to do an X-ray on "L's" ankle and while performing said duty, I was keen in getting information on Needles. I did notice that she drove a red 4 wheel drive. Thinking this was a point of interest and a conversation starter I asked "L". "So have you ladies been playing in the snow in the 4 wheel drive?" L's response. " Needles probably would be if she had a boyfriend." I took this as a hint hint. After that statement I was excited and nervous, pacing back a forth past "L's" exam room mulling over my medical professionalism and trying to resist feeling like a goof ball as I finally worked up the courage to stick my head inside the exam room and give "L" a slip of paper with my phone number and I said "If Needles wanted to go out sometime to give me a call." When I got home there was a message on the machine, and her answer was yes she would like to go on a date. I called her back on Saturday as I knew Needles was working nights. We made plans to go out the following Saturday as there was ice on the roads and hope the roads would clear up some.
January 25th 1997 we went on our first date. We went out to eat at Burger King and then a movie, Michael with John Travolta. After the movie I took her back to my house and we watched T.V. and held hands on the couch. The date lasted from 6pm and it lasted until 2am. I dropped her off at her friends house. Our second date was the following weekend and our first kiss. Here we are 9 years later and it feels like it was only yesterday. Yes I have had to check details of some of the information as I partied a lot in the 90's and use that as a excuse. I think in my story I have answered all of my previous post questions. Thanks all of you for your stories and it's nice to hear how 2 people become a loving couple.

2 comments:

needlefingers said...

LY,

Needles

FarmWife said...

How precious! I got play by plays at work! It was so cool.