Monday, March 20, 2006

You know it couldn't be cheap.

My friend that works in heating and air left about 15 minutes ago. After I replaced the thermostat and screwed around with the heater I am proud to say, I didn't screw it up anymore. My friend "T" checked the crazy thing and found out that the gas pressure was like 0. So he had to replace the gas valve. This is about a $150 part and he worked on it for about an hour diagnosing the problem and removing the now $150 paper weight and putting in a new one. I have become accustom to be pessimistic about these things and just assume it's gonna cost us. I know that $150 isn't that much but with our new laptop and new $600 dollar nutless (healthy) kitty, it has all seem to hit us these last couple months. I just hope that March goes out like a lamb and April has the touch of Charmin in case it too decides to wipe my @ss.

2 comments:

Rudy said...

Ahh The Family Luck. I know it well. Hang in there Bro.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

You gotta denut the cat. You gotta have heat, so what do you do?

I hear ya, I wasn't thrilled about fixing a dryer either, but for some reason Cynical won't wear wet jeans.